Friday, May 29, 2009

What a shame

Its shameful,
I know
I agree
..... Absolutely disgusting that I have completly neglected this blog of mine for ages. But do know, I have not been neglecting my garden.
So much has been happening in my life... its a topsy turvy world. I am planning a show at the end of the year, and much of my time goes into art. For more on that bit, check out my art blog .http://www.artatzazuta.blogspot.com. Yes I have an art blog too. I am a multi faceted personality... what can I say. ;)

Anyways, I was at my hairdresser's the other day and she gave me great tips for vegetable gardening. Firstly, I made a huge mistake sowing chinese cabbage in december when I should have done so in October. Secondly, When the cabbage is about 4-5 inches high.. you cut off all the leaves at the base of the plant and cover the remaining bit under a mound of dirt. I did not know that.

Also, my tomato plants died because ..
a) planted in may, when I should have planted in April
b) too much direct sunlight at 40 deg C
c) too much water
d) No sand in dirt.

The local nursery also said that if I sprinkled ash or charcoal ash from the BBQ even, it would do the soil good.

I shall tell you what is doing well though.

I have baby plants in three's. I planted 3 of each plant

1. gourd
2.pumpkin
3.musk melon
4.lemon tree
5. capsicums
6. chillies
7. 2nd batch of tomato plants
8. beans
9. okra


The other are still taking their time and I am writing this post from out of town. I have my hubby to water the garden.. but who'll talk to them?????

Who'll welcome new baby seedlings into this big bad world???

Not me.

1 comment:

  1. Very interesting blog. A lot of blogs I see these days don't really provide anything that attract others, but I'm most definitely interested in this one. Just thought that I would post and let you know.

    ReplyDelete