Tuesday, May 12, 2009

To plant a seed where an egg lay...


Buy eggs, keep carton.



Pretty little bean seeds


They sprout really well in the bathrooms, as its nice and humid there. Once they start to break the earth, out they go
Guess where they go when they're 2 inches tall?Make holes at the bottom for drainage and cut out the tops. These cartons will not decompose at the rate you want. So I use them until the plants are at least 12 inches tall. And then transplant into the soil or a bigger container... which I also try to salvage.
I have and still have celery in Bisleri water containers. It has done wonderfully. I have also cut the plastic soda bottles like Coke etc in half. I use the top half as a funnel for pouring liquids and the bottom half needs holes made at the bottom for a planter.
Have fun re using, re thinking and re cycling!

No comments:

Post a Comment